How to have cool favorites support with x2alpha

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

likeatim

How to have cool favorites support with x2alpha

Post by likeatim »

Use DirKey!
It is pure strenght in programming power ;)
at just 114 KB you'll be amazed....
You'll have a global bookmark menu with hotkeys.
Go to settings -> options -> and set "explore bookmarks with..." to x2alpha.
There you go. Works like a charm....
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

I just tried Dirkey. My experience is that it opens a new instance of x2, which I do not want. Are there any switches so that the directory is loaded in the active pane?

I currently have a directory set up with shortcuts etc. I did enjoy more than one bookmark path and the CTRL+D function in 2xex, but they can be lived without for a while...

Anyone else tried Dirkey? Let me know what you thought of it and your experience. I may have used it wrongly to produce that result also...

Regards
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i haven't tried dirkey but i can assure you that although it seems like you get a new x2 window it is in the same process so it has minimal overhead (like cloning a window from the menu)

another way you can have bookmarks now is to create and save a scrap frame with all your favorite folders. Then once loaded, Ctrl+Enter (or click) will load the bookmarks in an existing window. To minimize the hassle opening the scrap IDA file, you can create a registry association for IDA files as such:

Code: Select all

HKCR\.ida\shell\open\command:
"path_to_x2.exe" /F:1 "%1"
then a d-click on the bookmark file will open it in a scrap frame, even from the desktop

or you may be a little patient and wait till favorites are properly supported in x2 :)
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Even simpler!

Post by JRz »

Why make it so complicated?

I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this forum that you can create favorites as follows:

put all the links to your favorite apps/folders etc. in one folder (or tree of folders for that matter)
create a single bookmark (through Ctrl-Shift-1; the only one supported by X2 until further notice :) )

Now you can access your favorites folder through one key combination (Ctrl-1)

It doesn't get simpler than that I think. Works for me anyway :wink:
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

JRz, like i said i currently have 1 directory set up on the CTRL+1 key combo with all the shortcuts I use in there.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

profess wrote:JRz, like i said i currently have 1 directory set up on the CTRL+1 key combo with all the shortcuts I use in there.
Yep, I think that's the way to go until there are more Ctrl-number combinations available. And maybe even after that :wink: !

Jan.
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
flexigon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by flexigon »

What would be nice too.... integration of Dirkey with xplorer2... e.g. set bookmarks in x and go to them in any dialog in Windows. This would make for a very powerful combination. It should be possible... Dirkey 2.0 has support for plug-ins for custom file managers.