KB Shortcut to pin/unpin Preview

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

KB Shortcut to pin/unpin Preview

Post by RightPaddock »

Is there an easy way to define a keyboard shortcut to pin/unpin Preview pane in version 2.4 - if not any suggestions on how I could do it

An item in xplorer2's context menu would be acceptable - both would be even better

thanks rp
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KB Shortcut to pin/unpin Preview

Post by nikos »

there is no such keyboard shortcut. The autohide feature is really meant for mouse use (hovering over the button, having it as drag-drop target etc). If you want purely keyboard use, then you can use the existing shortcuts to turn panes on/off (instead of autohiding)

once autohidden, you can use the normal Ctr+Tab etc keyboard shortcuts to jump in a pane, thereby making it show
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Image nikos

But I don't want to play 'hide and seek' with it, I want to play 'show and tell' - I think you misunderstood what I wanted

But I have discovered that what I want exists - its the View->Lock viewer menu item.

Initially I couldn't work out what was it doing, but what it does is EXACTLY what I want. So I can give it a keyboard shortcut and I can put it in the context menu

Maybe I am using in a way that you didn't envisage - not the first time that would have happened - so for chrissakes don't change it :lol:

:oops: I've just discovered it's in 1.8 - dang - I could have been using it like forever :shock:

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so no reason for you to upgrade yet ;)
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

Live life...
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

nikos wrote:so no reason for you to upgrade yet ;)
@nikos, Au contraire, mon frère. Having the details pane under my side-by-side list panes gave me the impetus to consider an upgrade, but it was the ability to dock a pinned preview pane alongside it that really compelled me to cash in some Greek gilts ;)
@profess , its only taken me 2,821 days to find it, where do I send the three koala stamps and a feather for your cap. :party:

rp