Color coding for ADS

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

cdillon

Color coding for ADS

Post by cdillon »

Is there a way to use color coding to indicate files with a specific alternative data stream?

Files with a Zone.Identifier ADS seem to trigger a security mechanism in Windows and must be Unblocked via their Properties tab. For instance, when I download a WordPress theme zip file, I have to Unblock it before unzipping; otherwise every file in the zip has the ADS too. It's really only an issue when copying the file to another NTFS drive but I'd prefer to handle it pre-emptively.
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Color coding for ADS

Post by profess »

Using Colour Coding, I believe you have to set the Additional Rule using - Comment [S] - and specifying the text as required. Ensure Colour Coding is activated after you've finished setting it.

Osei
Live life...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can't get the name of a specific alternate stream as a rule but you can use the STREAMS column to hilight items that have more than 1 stream, then use Actions > ADS > View streams command to see the names
cdillon

Post by cdillon »

profess, that did not work.

Thanks, Nikos, I will use that approach.

xplorer2 rocks!

Chris
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

Hopefully cdillon you're off on the right path. Let us know what happened.
Live life...
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

@cdillon - if you put the url for the Wordpress themes location into Internet Options Trusted sites list then maybe you wont get the security ADS and the Security check that requires you to click the Unlock button

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21