Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Shortcut to xplorer2 windows layouts

Post by sanferno »

Hi everyone it's the newbie calling :alien:

I'll like to know if it's possible to add shortcuts of the different xplorer2 layouts to Windows desktop or the taskbar.

I normally use the default for work, but for personal life files I use another one so, if I want to see the pictures of the last weekend, I have to open first the default, then open the "home layout", then close the default.

It is just a matter of commodity, not really a big issue.

Thanks.

PD. As this is my first post, I will like to personally thank Nikos the development of such a great tool xplorer2 is. I love it each day more, full of files management possibilities.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut to xplorer2 windows layouts

Post by nikos »

that's easy, you create different shortcuts to xplorer2 on the desktop then use the /S: command line switch to pass a different layout to each one of them. For more information see www.zabkat.com/blog/window-layouts.htm
sanferno wrote:As this is my first post, I will like to personally thank Nikos the development of such a great tool xplorer2 is. I love it each day more, full of files management possibilities.
cheers, please spread the word!
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

Thank you Nikos, I have done it and it's working.

Now, is it possible to attach this shortcuts to the xplorer2 main one on the taskbar so I can Access them by right-clicking? You know, just for squaring the circle.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

sorry I don't know how you can do that, or if it is possible
in general I have a x2 window running all the time, so when I need another layout I just grab it from WINDOW menu
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

It's ok. Thank you anyway, the main issue is solved. :beer:
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

The empire strikes back...

I have found a solution to the problem of accessing the different layout through right-clicking the main icon of xplorer2 in the taskbar (at least on Windows 7).

The thing is to créate a "bat" file with the command as you mention above. Once you have done it, you drag and drop the "bat" over the x2 icon on the taskbar, then you pin it.

This way you can get directly the layout you want by right clicking x2 icon, the window you are looking for.

My Windows is in Spanish but I think you will get the point with this picture attached.

Hope is helpful for somebody.