No Drag and Drop to xplorer2? Can that be right?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kireta

Re: No Drag and Drop to xplorer2? Can that be right?

Post by kireta »

Installed xplorer2 on two win7 machines, both running as full admin with UAC enabled.

On one, xplorer2 is running as a standard user (admin option under "Window" is available) while on the other, it is running as full admin.

I'm not sure why that is, I am guessing that on one of the machines I installed Xplorer2 before I created a password for the account.

So...there must be a way to run Xplorer2 as a standard user even in an account that is running as admin.

With that said, to make Xplorer2 functional for me (in terms of drag and drop), looks like I will have to take the usual path of running my account as a standard user.

Kinda silly, since I really would prefer to run as admin with UAC fully enabled.
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Try to install x2 in a non-default install location such as c:\temp or d:\mytools etc and see if you are still hitting this problem.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
ScottWall
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ScottWall »

I intermittently have this problem. I can restore drag and drop by opening a different window layout or restarting xplorer2. The administration window menu option is grayed out, so it seems to be running in UAC.
I generally don't use drag and drop so I don't know how much of a problem this is. I need d&d only when I want to put something into a mini-scrap with a full scrap already open, which isn't often.
ScottWall
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ScottWall »

It seems that even when the left click drag & drop does not work, the right click drag & drop still works without further intervention.
This seems to be a window layout attribute (bug) as some of my layouts always have this problem, while others have no problem with drag & drop.