Local search help

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kinnik

Local search help

Post by kinnik »

Every time i search at the second time,xplorer2 switch to Local search mode automatically,then i need to uncheck the box for doing a full search.

Would it be possible to make full search in default?
I am using v1.4
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

By design, Local search is used only for when you search a second time (i.e. within the previous results).
If you want to institute an entirely new search, first return to the main x2 window.

PS - you should download the latest version (1.6.5.0)  There is no additional charge to registered users of the PRO version.
peregryne

Post by peregryne »

I find this pretty annoying :|  I wish there was an option to disable it.  I find it a little presumptuous for x2 to assume I want to follow every folder search with a local search.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

help yourself: launch the 2nd search from xplorer2 main window not some used up scrap window
peregryne

Post by peregryne »

thanks Nikos - I don't like that but I still love ya ;)
Nog69

Re: Local search help

Post by Nog69 »

I have to agree with the others on this one. I frequently have to perform numerous searches in folders for different files/folders. It is extremely time consuming and fatiguing to have to manually remove the check from the Local Search box. Unfortunately, this is actually much faster and fewer steps than opening a new search window, so neither are good solutions for those who have to perform many searches during a task. I find myself reverting back to Win7 explorer (shudder) to do these search tasks, because it's less fatiguing. Please, please, please give us an option to turn off the Local Search as a default. Thank you!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

how about ctrl+A, followed by DEL (empty the pane), then you press ctrl+F
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

on the rare occasion i re-use a scrap to search, i press Alt+L, Alt+N (Alt+L to uncheck local search, Alt+N to put the cursor in the name box)
Live life...