Problem with "tree" window

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Anonymous

Problem with "tree" window

Post by Anonymous »

By accident i dragged the tree window to the top of my screen and now i can't get it down again because the drag-bar on the window i placed outside my screens viewable area. I tried to solve it by change my screen resolution but that didn't work. Then i tried to uninstall the program, and then install it again, but even then 2x Explorer remembers the window position on my screen. Maybe i can solve the problem by deleting some reg. keys? My copy of 2x Explorer came with an installer (the latest version). Any help is welcome :D

Shorty
(from Denmark)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

The reason re-installing didn't work is that the problematic registry entries were not cleared / reset.
The most straight forward way to get back to square one is the (draconian) measure of deleting all 2x registry keys and then restarting 2x.
see: http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1051
for details.
If you can figure out which keys are out of whack (maybe somewhere in F.A.Q. helps) you may want to fix them up instead.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

To fgagnon.

Thank you very much sir! :D

Shorty
Lokiman

Post by Lokiman »

You might be able to do it without deleting everything.
From the FAQ.txt included with 2x:

It will suffice to delete all the "MainFrame Settings-*.*" subkeys (where *.* stands for Bar0, Bar1,... and Summary).