nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

blog: is ultimate edition a con job?

Post by nikos »

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: blog: is ultimate edition a con job?

Post by Kilmatead »

<Cough> My, aren't we a little defensive, no? <Cough> :D

Everything all right in the psychosexual id/superego department today, yeah? It's important not to keep things bottled up inside, you know. :wink: Wouldn't want you to come off all insecure or anything.

Pilates and Yoga are supposed to be good for that sort of thing if you can't find the words to express yourself in human terms.

Just, you know... "in case". Image

Wife alright? Kids? Good - that's important at your age - keeps wayward men like you properly grounded. Remember: It's all downhill physically from now on, so look after your health.

What's a worse way to start a century: Having a pope who swears or the fact that Penguin Poo is visible from space? It's enough for anyone to become cynical and lose faith in humanity. It's nice to see that x2 remains a reliable bedrock amongst the madness.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

aren't you in the "don't understand the point of searching for anything but name" camp too?
I hope you saw the light already
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:the fact that Penguin Poo is visible from space?
There must be a God!

(By the way, I - personally - wouldn't pay more just for having a tool which can't do much more than all the grepWins, Everythings, Locate32s out there.)
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Don't change the subject, us savvy users are aware of such charlatanesque tactics. :D You can write your own epitaph, but you can't compose your own paean. :wink:

And I do (generally) only search for things by name - so call me boring, give me a wedgie, and take away my Power-User badge. :shrug:

I've said it before, most users only think to search for stuff by name (or type) - because that's the extent of their imagination, and explains the extreme popularity of such utilities in the face of common-sense and built-in alternatives (which can't be substituted!). Of course there are times when one needs more depth, etc, and (once one gets around your ergonomic and logical failings) everything else is available on demand, as expected.

But still. A pope who swears? Sign of the times, dude.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:There must be a God!
Yeah, it kind of put the kibosh on my Great Wall of Ireland project and soured me on all human accomplishment in general. :sad:

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

You have a Great Wall? Do you want to protect from the Mongols too?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

It's best to always be prepared - never underestimate a determined Mongol - they are quite useful for keeping us lackadaisical wasters in the West on our toes and our philosophies non-complacent and
Ennui-free. I mean, in light of Mongols raping and pillaging their way through your village, the modern idiocies are shown to be the absurdities that they truly are.

Be grateful to your grumpy neighbourhood Mongol - ironically, they might just save us from otherwise certain cultural dissolution into middle-class blue-jeans and terracotta potted plants.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Ah, the good old Gender discourse, well spread in Germany with its general insecurity about social matters, exploited by feminism. I, for one, am a penguin.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:...exploited by feminism
Not just exploited by, but actually created by - Simone de Beauvoir's "l'existence précède l'essence" philosophy wherein "one is not born a woman, but becomes one" opens the door to all sorts of wiggly-waggly post hoc ergo propter hoc sexual fallacies (and fellatios) that people take way too seriously (while important things like penguin poo and Mongols go unnoticed).

I despair.
nonspin

Post by nonspin »

You don't have to be a ageing cynic to realize that sales people and marketing have damaged any sense of trust we have in "promises" of all sorts.
Hi, i am one of those evil marketing trolls who - according to your logic - robbed you blind and destroyed trust and faith along the way.
Well, let me rephrase that: Your opening statement is complete and utter bullshit. A punk-move.

I cannot come up with a ONE example - in the history of marketing (or advertising), where a strategy or campaign was forced onto a client by
any agency. Meaning: YOU, the developer who hired a professional agency in order to maximize profits, has to agree to what is presented to you
by that third party.

But then again, you're far from understanding the simplest tools of marketing. How would i know ?
Well, If your precious ULTIMATE version is that advanced and obviously features technology which redefines searching documents ..
.. WHY would you name it ULTIMATE ?
Seriously dude, first you reinvent some sort of wheel - then you got the fkin nerve to blame an entire industry,
because YOU came up with "ULTIMATE" ?

Consider your right to have any opinion about marketing revoked.

ULTIMATE ? FFS!
nikos wrote:nikos here, sorry if I offended the industry you work in, perhaps in a parallel universe marketing serves to inform people and guide their decision for their own benefit, but not in this universe. If there's someone in need of soul searching here, that's not me ;)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Simone de Beauvoir is mostly quoted wrong. She never said "One is made, not born, a woman". If feminists only knew...
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
bawldiggle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bawldiggle »

Penguin poo from space?
That's one BIG penguin ... and I didn't know they could fly that high! :alien:

Just to be boring ... 95 percent of my searches are for "contents-of-TXT-files"
4,300+ txt files ... 20 years of code snippets. Sometimes I get lost in our kitchen.
How am I going to remember where a piece of information is, let alone the file name I created 15 years ago.

Xplorer2 "Find", pros and cons:-
+1 searches for contents
+1 remembers previous search file string , "*.txt"
– 2 "4" tabs from "file" to "contents"

I am still in the honeymoon phase with Xplorer2 PRO. I know I must get a life ! :shock:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

cheese with heels?
you buy a nice triangle cheese (the most expensive on the shelf), and what's this at the base of the box?
straight out of the honest salesman's handbook :roll:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I'm not sure you thought that one through properly... :shock: Exactly which side of the argument do you think that picture buttresses (or, in this case, betrays)?

Probably not the angle you were thinking originally... triangles can be funny that way...