the buffer passed to GetFullPathName was too small!

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

I am not sure if I am asking this in the right forum, but I am trying my luck.
When I select many files in either xplorer² or Windows File Explorer, right-click, then choose “Edit with Notepad++”, I systematically get the following message (from Windows?):

checkSingleFile failed!!

Is there any way to increase the size of that buffer? Can this be solved from within xplorer²?

Thanks for any help.
Robert
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: the buffer passed to GetFullPathName was too small!

Post by nikos »

that looks like a support incident for the notepad++ folks
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

↑↑↑ ditto ↑↑↑

Do the files open ? I just selected 6 text files in X2, selected Open with NP++ and got the same message. But the six files opened, each in its own tab.

RP
Last edited by RightPaddock on 2015 May 01, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Several people, including me, have posted a bug report regarding this at http://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/d ... on/331753/
As I reported, this message is not shown if I use drag & drop to open several files in Notepad++.
This started happening with latest version 6.7.7. It was not happening in previous versions.
The funny part of it is that all the selected files do open in Notepad++, whether we get an error message or not!
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Yeah, I saw it had been reported. I saw no value in re-reporting it. It's probably be a remnant of a debugging printf or some such.

The files got opened and they saved OK - so I just got on with stuff.

NP++ gets released often enough (too often some might say) so it'll probably be fixed by the end of next week.

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Must be something new ... I'm still running NP++ v 6.7.5 and commonly open dozens of .html files at a time with no problem.
Just now selected 35 files in x2 (v2.5.0.4 ULT), r-click, pick "Edit with notepad++" from context menu and all opened successfully, each in its own tab and with no error messages.
= = = = = = = =
edit/update -- so like a dummy, I updated np++ to v6.7.7 and, of course I get the reported error message.
And, just as the others report, the files all open in their respective tabs after dismissing the error messages. :shrug:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

And it only took a fortnight, but Version 6.7.8 fixes this particular regression. (That'll teach y'all just to use toolbar buttons, like real men. :wink:)

(Not that a real man would ever use the words "fortnight" and "y'all" in the same sentence, but that's why the internet bears no relation to real life and we like it that way.)