Missing folder icons

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

railshot

Missing folder icons

Post by railshot »

Hi, I am observing missing folder icons for the folders that are being synced to Onedrive. The rest of the folders icons, including for Dropbox appear fine. This is a latest 64bit Xplorer Ultimate on a Win 10 x64 Thinkpad Helix. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling. Folder icons appear initially but then disappear soon after.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing folder icons

Post by nikos »

I don't know why this happens to some people, perhaps you have too many icon overlays, but anyway the solution/workaround is to turn off the overlays from TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, ADVANCED page
profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by profess »

is there an icon (overlay) cache that can be cleared in order to free up memory?
Live life...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if there is any it must be part of the whole icon cache. You can check if you have too many overlays examining this registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers
if you have more than 15 in there it spells trouble
railshot

Post by railshot »

nikos wrote:I don't know why this happens to some people, perhaps you have too many icon overlays, but anyway the solution/workaround is to turn off the overlays from TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, ADVANCED page
Thank you very much, that helped.