Support/integration with Calibre, Launchy?

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

otravers

Support/integration with Calibre, Launchy?

Post by otravers »

Hi, I've been experimenting with DeskRule to index the ebooks in my Calibre database (since Calibre doesn't do full-text search) and I'd love to see two types of integration, if at all possible:

1. Integration from Calibre itself with a dedicated plugin, see https://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/. There are plugins that use Recoll or SOLR that no longer work and/or don't work with Windows.

2. Integration with Launchy. This almost works as is, but DeskRule seems to default the focus box to the drive letter instead of the search query (i.e. the Contents box). So I can launch DeskRule from Launchy, but not send a search query to DeskRule directly from the Launchy bar.

I appreciate if you can have a look at whether this may be reasonably doable.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Support/integration with Calibre, Launchy?

Post by nikos »

deskrule is a search client so I can't see it offered as a plugin. If caliber supports calling external programs, you could integrate it this way

as for starting a search from the command line, it is possible if it is a saved search. Please press F1 to see the help file and search for "command line arguments"
otravers

Post by otravers »

Thank you for your quick answer. In the future could you add a command line argument that feeds a string into the Contents box?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the problem is that there are many possible search arguments. It could be contents, it could be name, it could be a date... but i'll think of something about it