CTRL+X suddenly mapped to a user command

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

franklekens

CTRL+X suddenly mapped to a user command

Post by franklekens »

A weird thing has happened. I've installed a Word Processor, Atlantis. Because I can't open word files in that programme by double clicking for some reason (in Windows 10), I've created a user command in xplorer2 to open selected files in that word processor, as follows:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlantis\awp.exe" "$F"

At first I tried with "$N", which I use with MS Word and Libre Office, but that didn't work. So okay, "$F".

But now, when I select a file I want to move to somewhere else and press CTRL+X, my system suddenly wants to open this file in Atlantis.
I've *not* specified this as a shortcut key in the user command dialogue. No shortcut for it is listed in the "organize user commands" window.
According to the Customize Keyboard dialogue, CTRL+X is still associated (as per default) with "cut" under "edit".

Is this a known phenomenon?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CTRL+X suddenly mapped to a user command

Post by nikos »

even if you wanted to assing this key to a user command, you can't, they have the old assignments that need a number from 0-9 !?
franklekens

Re: CTRL+X suddenly mapped to a user command

Post by franklekens »

So, whatever caused it... Maybe Atlantis had temporarily hijacked Windows? It has a "customize hot keys" feature too, and I'd changed a setting in that. As soon as I closed off Atlantis the weird behaviour of CTRL+X in xplorer2 stopped (and restarting Atlantis so far hasn't reproduced it, luckily).

I did note that the peculiar behaviour *was* restricted to xplorer2. At least XTRL+X worked as normal in the regular Windows Explorer.