Drag-and-drop to open folder

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rulle

Drag-and-drop to open folder

Post by rulle »

It is sometimes difficult to drag-and-drop between panes if an open folder contains only archives (and a lot of them). The default action is to add to the selected archive, and I haven't found any keys that will disable autoselection of archives (and put the files next to the archives instead of inside them).

Would it be possible to enable drag-and-drop to the pane header instead?(don't know proper term, but I mean where file path is displayed)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this isn't as easy as it sounds
but if you have a little space past the last column (ie resize it to reveal a small gutter on the right), it is going to do what you want
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

... and there's always the mouseless way to copy selected files to the opposite pane (as mentioned in alpha.txt):
using the "F5, Enter" sequence, or [Ctrl+F5] to copy with no confirmation dialog box. :)
{Substitute "F6" to move the selected file(s) to the opposite pane}
rulle

Post by rulle »

Very nice, thank you! F6 - gotta remember that.
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

I miss 2x's pathbar, as I'm still going back and forth trying to find that bit of space; being stubborn with full row select and detailed view and all. The thing about drag-n-drop is that you can do more than just copy/move if it is an archive.

Anyway, what I wanted to point it out was that items can be dragged on to a scrollbar if it is present. Another way to manage, in case no space is available.
rulle

Post by rulle »

That actually does the trick too. Thanks!