Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
https://www.zabkat.com/blog/tic-tac-toe-learning.htm
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: blog: artificial intelligence primer

Post by Tuxman »

Now if we'd all just let computers play our games, driving by bus would be much less annoying on Sundays in a soccer city.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

First one has to define intelligence. My definition of Intelligence is anything that can read Shakespeare and understand it, or anything that can write Shakespearean type novels.

In the short term AI machines will replace humans at any service orientated work, menial tasks. Bang, there goes your minimum wage job. Its always the working class which feels the brunt of mechanisation, and the concept that machines don't displace working people is laughable, often one hears, "oh but just train them to do something else", what wonderful arrogance, The manufacture of these machines will be done by machines, broken machines don't get fixed they get replaced by new one's, such is the modern way, don't repair but replace. any modern device is designed to be irreparable, the greedy corporate machine DEMANDS perpetual income, their primary obligation isn't employment but profit, AND there are only a limited amount of Skilled Service jobs available, recently the Indian National Railways advertised vacancies for 90000 Jobs, they received 5000000 applications. Competition is fierce for Service orientated work.

On the island where I live most of the middle/lower income families still subscribe to the concept that a education is the way to prosperity, they scrape, sacrifice and save to put a offspring through University, result is that the are tons of lawyers, doctors, dentists and so called IT pro's, then they discover the reality of job placement, that the rich and wealthy have reserved those "White Collar" jobs for their offspring and that of their friends. Some of them then leave for (supposedly) greener pastures, only to discover that the competition for these white collar jobs is fierce and that they're not as bright as they thought they were, so in the greener pastures these "supposedly" Highly Qualified princes and princesses have to seek out blue collar jobs to earn a living, most return home and sprout bullsshit like, "oh I didn't like the people, racist", or "I didn't like city life", anything but admit that they're unwilling to do menial work. I know a youngster who was offered a placement at a large bank, but he had to start from the bottom, its the Banks philosophy that anyone without a degree must do a apprenticeship and study in order to progress within the Bank, the young prince didn't bother pitching for his first day of work, I quote him, "being the (in house) mail man is not for me".

So the million dollar question remains, what are the Elite's going to do with all the surplus human workers ?...does anyone wonder why the WAR DRUMS are getting LOUDER
Last edited by dunno on 2018 Apr 01, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

future so bright I gotta wear shades 8)
artificial intelligence is scheduled to take over jobs/humanity for the last 50 years now, but we're still in for a long wait!
as to the purpose of life as we live it nowadays, I am also at a loss and stress many times about the future of my kids
but as there's not much gained with worrying we might as well are retire to our respective island hammocks :)
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote: 2018 Mar 31, 16:19artificial intelligence is scheduled to take over jobs/humanity for the last 50 years now, but we're still in for a long wait!
Wrong, you fall into the "Oh just train them for something else" group. Their was a limit to human displacement due to pure mechanical mechanisation, but the advent of software for Integrated circuits has increased and hastened the displacement of humans.

Name any sector in the Manufacturing and service Industry which hasn't mechanised since the Industrial revolution ?. Those pesky, demanding workers who want a living wage and decent working conditions ?, gotta go, heck even olives are harvested mechanically in many countries. Uber needs to cut out the underpaid driver to maximise profits, no problem, Driver-less cars. The project is on "ice" because a jay walker was killed, a few months from now you'll hear from Uber, "we have vastly improved the software and hardware, everyone is safe"......

The word "sabotage" is believed to originate during the industrial revolution, workers would throw their wooden "sabots" (clogs) into machinery in order to halt production. Damn those impertinent workers who want decent working conditions let alone enough money for food and a decent roof for their families. but the paradox is that these same Elites need these "workers" to breed in order to provide cheap labour and cannon fodder for the military campaigns that they wish to embark on.
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Whilst I'm here with a captive audience :-))

One of the neatest heists committed at a bank was committed by a "Janitor", This Individual was self taught in IT and highly Intelligent, He readily accepted the post as janitor as a starting point, whereupon he studied the entire banks bureaucracy specifically the authorisation of money transfers. Once he understood the system he would slip in requests for money transfers into the pile of other money transfers awaiting signature by the manager, He didn't take from any account holder nor did he divert any incoming transfers, he took from the "Unclaimed Money Fund" at the bank (every bank has such a fund), "GENIUS", because nobodies account was tampered with and the Unclaimed Money Fund was barely monitored and the balance for this account is never questioned because funds are transferred from this account regularly, this movement of money appeared legitimate, he was always cautious, no large amounts neither was he greedy, it was only months later when a mandatory audit was done on that account that the bank realised that they'd been had, and he had long since resigned.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

off to the unemployment benefit, luddite farmers :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-MlJI48XX4
aml

Post by aml »

Well, AI mostly isn't real AI but just very, very elaborate "traditional" programming, nowadays, the "big 5" (or was it 5? google, amazon, ms...) excepted, of course.

I've just implied it, some hours ago, re x2's alt-h dialog and there, its "Additional Rules" field: Nikos' possible striving to combine real boolean parenthesing with, then, speed optimizing, would be not worthwile, for one, since that would imply some quite incredible effort, for little outcome, and be a classic example of very-elaborate whilst always-traditional programming, some effort just a handful of SQL flavors have undertook (and to, sometimes, even really brilliant results), but which isn't "indicated" for lesser means.

This being said and as far as I've understood that, very special, task, real (!) AI is related to real (!) fuzzy search, i.e. progressing without finite rules...

Users who know me from other fora, well, they know already that, whilst not even liking to spit in their soup, I do it constantly, anyway, but, please, let's be serious: How could anybody, anywhere, anyhow, even strive for having a minimum of insight into real (!) AI if they don't work, at the core questions, for those big-5-or-6?

And (to) those who know me from my diction: You know I rave about irony, so: What do individuals (or anyone belonging to a developers' group short of hundreds (!) of the best thinkers around) think they could get at, devising some system aping the human brain, the latter not having analyzed yet but to some shambles?

And the above in plain English: First of all, discriminate AI from simili-AI, then discuss further.