Dual Pane Color Coding

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

chalkywhite

Dual Pane Color Coding

Post by chalkywhite »

When I configured color (and style) coding for different file types, they only got applied to the 'primary' pane (i.e. when I switched to dual pane the coding was not displayed in the 2nd pane). This was fixed by configuring color coding for the 2nd pane separately - but the "Custom color coding" menu/dialog suggests this should be a global setting rather than per-pane. Is this behaviour a bug or by design?
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Dual Pane Color Coding

Post by FrizzleFry »

There is a setting in Tools / Advanced options... / Global tab to apply color coding to the inactive pane.
chalkywhite

Post by chalkywhite »

Yes - I already had that setting checked - but it does not solve the issue as it is referring to the active/inactive pane rather than the 'new' pane which appears after switching to dual-pane mode (whereby folder contents are displayed in the 'new' pane without color coding until it is manually switched on via the "Custom color coding" dialog - even though it was already switched on in single-pane mode).
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

OK, I see what you mean. I remember now having to enable color coding for each pane. I think that's by design as x2 keeps some separate settings per pane but Nikos would have answer that.
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

FrizzleFry wrote: 2018 Jul 14, 22:47 OK, I see what you mean. I remember now having to enable color coding for each pane. I think that's by design as x2 keeps some separate settings per pane but Nikos would have answer that.
I also remember that being by design.