Folder Options

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dda

Folder Options

Post by dda »

Just about the only thing that ever takes me back to Micro$oft Exlporer these days is the need to access Tools --> Folder Options.

Does the grand final plan involve having access to Folder Options from (say) the Xplorer2 Tools menu?

It's a very minor issue... it just bugs me.

DDA
dda

Further Explanation

Post by dda »

By the way, I HAVE put Folder Options on the Desktop, and therefore cannot access from there, but within Xplorer2 it still does not appear within the tree view. You therefore have to navigate to the Desktop and there is your Folder Options.

It would be nice to be able to get into Folder Options from Xplorer2 and WITHOUT having to disturb the left or right panes in the process.

DDA
kev
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kev »

well i don't know if this will help but the easiest way i know to get folder options is thru control panel... in xp and server 2k3 u can make start menu items like control panel appear as a list, which makes it pretty efficient... then u can use keyboard shortcuts to make it real fast - [windows key], C, F, [Enter] is all it takes!!
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

Is there a command line equivalent to call up Folder Options? Running an alternate shell forces me to fire up explorer.exe and access it through that becaues the Control Panel shortcut won't work.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

In NT4, the folder options item is not part of control panel, so x2 can't show it in the folder pane.

It only appears in the Start|settings menu, which is not too cumbersome, considering that I require to touch it only once in six months (if that).