Google or OneDrive status icon

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

tgaleta

Google or OneDrive status icon

Post by tgaleta »

Hi!
Is there any way to get status icon for file in Google or OneDrive in xplorer2 like in Windows Explorer?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google or OneDrive status icon

Post by nikos »

you cannot get the full status icon yet, but the latest version 4.2 shows a LINK overlay icon for files that are cloud only, which is the most important status. If you don't see the link icon you can assume a file that is locally available. See the v4.2 announcement

I have only tried this for onedrive and dropbox though, if you are using google drive can you send me an email? I want to see how things work for google, thanks
tgaleta

Post by tgaleta »

Thanks, Nikos!
I will install the latest and then send you email.
nikos wrote: 2019 Mar 26, 06:14 you cannot get the full status icon yet, but the latest version 4.2 shows a LINK overlay icon for files that are cloud only, which is the most important status. If you don't see the link icon you can assume a file that is locally available. See the v4.2 announcement

I have only tried this for onedrive and dropbox though, if you are using google drive can you send me an email? I want to see how things work for google, thanks
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

from what I read, "plain" google drive is just keeping the files both in the cloud and the local computer (copies). What is interesting is their "Drive File Stream" feature that resembles onedrive files on demand, but this streaming is only available for business accounts, do you have it?
tgaleta

Post by tgaleta »

Sorry for delay, Nikos!
I do have GSuite account, but not using it for file sync, only private Google drive account.
For OneDrive and SharePoint that I am using both, I do not see icon overlay. The best approach for me will be to have same column like in plain explorer, column Status ie Cloud status.
nikos wrote: 2019 Mar 26, 11:13 from what I read, "plain" google drive is just keeping the files both in the cloud and the local computer (copies). What is interesting is their "Drive File Stream" feature that resembles onedrive files on demand, but this streaming is only available for business accounts, do you have it?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you don't see any icon overlay in onedrive, it means the file is locally available. You can double check the file attributes, you shouldn't see anything like OJ (offline/junction)