Reopen x2 in its previous position and size?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

aml

Reopen x2 in its previous position and size?

Post by aml »

For the last months in W10 64bit, x2 does not reopen correctly anymore:

I have 2 screens, with x2, side-to-side with another program (but x2 being the one on the left, i.e. on position 0,0) on the main = left screen.

When, by opening x2, the other program to the right on it is already visible, x2 immediately goes to the task line (i.e. opens minimized), and if the other program is not there yet, x2 opens fullscreen (i.e. maximized).

I don't have similar problems with any other of my main programs, i.e. those reopen, in a new session, correctly, i.e. on screen 1 or 2, within the boundaries they had been (position, size) when closing them.

Is there a setting I may have overlooked, and which may have been de-set by some Windows update? Thank you.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reopen x2 in its previous position and size?

Post by nikos »

if you resize xplorer2 normally, then it should remember its size and position. If on the other hand you are using some special resize modes like WIN+left key to split the screen in two, then perhaps that will work as you describe. FOr best results position xplorer2 manually where you want it and it will stay there
aml

Post by aml »

Thank you. No, I position / size the application windows manually, they don't snap but there are some pixels between them. I discovered the /M attribute for opening, now I at least the opening to minimized mode is gone, but x2 does not remember its position/size between sessions, but opens maximized, notwithstanding it now hiding the other application. So:

With /M
- opens maximized independently if by this it hides other applications or not

Without /M
- if by opening maximized, it would hide another application,it opens minimized
- if the space is "free"though, it opens maximized

In either case
- it does not open in its previous window (size, position)
- even on the screen there is "room" for that window (and opening correctly would not even hide any pixel of another window)

As said, this behavior just started some months ago, on W10 64 (and presumably with a W update); I did not change any settings; before, it worked as expected (i.e. from one session to the next, it opened in its previous state), even without the /M.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

right click on the xplorer2 desktop icon and check its properties, do you force it to open maximized?
aml

Post by aml »

Problem solved.

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't have desktop icons for my program to begin with, but it seems that had not been the problem. In fact, after having set the "don't open minimized" key /M, the behavior had been as described above, several times, but THEN, it "grasped it" somehow, and it's now been stable with the expected behavior, for several times. Thus:

- Up to the some W10 update several months ago, it re-opened in its previous shape (size, position), even without the /M key

- Now, it obviously needs the /M key to do that

- And this /M key doesn't work fully immediately on every such system, but just after several re-openings of the program, but then it works correctly, persistently.

Thus, when these facts are known, there is no further problem, and I of course see that "open x2 minimized" makes sense, it should just probably be the other round, without key for regular behavior, and an /M key for "open minimized", in order to be more "standard" ;-)

Thank you very much again for your help!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you are welcome!