Customize Toolbar Dialog Box, suggestion

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

C0ppert0p

Customize Toolbar Dialog Box, suggestion

Post by C0ppert0p »

Can the Customize Toolbar Dialog be made expandable?
Trying to find an icon to add to a shortcut Toolbar, is waaay to slow, when all we can see is three at a time.
it would be great, if the whole dialog could be expanded, so we could see as many as possible, while we scroll through the list.

When I add a short-cut and then want to add it to a tool bar, I'm forced to scroll through a list of hundreds of names to fine the ONE, that I'm looking for. This is not what I would call a great user experience.

Maybe there is already have a way of making the box bigger. If there is, that would be good to know.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Customize Toolbar Dialog Box, suggestion

Post by pj »

One of the many extensions Kilmatead left for us was a toolbar utility/improvement.

Although the screenshots died when the forum was transferred, the download still works. Unpack the RAR, and run the utility (either 32 or 64 bit depending on your flavor of x2) and point and click on the toolbar you want to modify.

Personally, I built a user command to run it and the first customization I did was to use the utility to add the user command to my toolbar so it's easy to access.

-------------------------------
PJ in FL
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

making the dialog bigger wouldn't be a great help, but here's a tip: type the FIRST letter of the command you are looking for, and after a few times you will find what you're after

I'm not sure if the tool done by kilmatead has a search box or not
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Search box - from K's own words:
Anyway, I decided to fix this and wrote a very simple utility to not only expand the view-size (automatically taking DPI into account) but also adding a proper Searchbox within the dialog itself which can locate any item as you type by name - no longer are we stuck with just repeatedly hitting one letter over and over hoping to see the item we want appear.
-------------------------------
PJ in FL
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Thanks for that... I got a good laugh "from K's own words"

I've used that K's toolbar customization tools for a long time and have added it to most of my layouts.