#manatwork

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: #manatwork

Post by nikos »

otlaolap wrote: 2021 Jan 18, 12:07 A command line option to specify the position of the X2 window (X, Y, W, H), for both normal and scrap-frame windows
you gave me a good idea here, save multiple xplorer2 windows as "workspaces". But this will come in v5.1 probably
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

"dunno"'s post, two above, gave me this idea: How about a third tab in the preview panes: Hex (in addition, and to the right of, Draft and Native)? Save me having to turn to my hex viewer (HxD freeware very good) from time to time. The previewer would have to display more than a narrow column, as you currently do, but allow 16 or 32 or 64 or whatever will fit bytes to be displayed per line. OTOH HxD is good and it pops up with a touch of a hotkey on your filelist (thanks AutoHotkey).

By the way, Control+ScrollWheel for changing among views and thumbnail sizes was a very, very, very nice addition. Brilliant.
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pj »

Good morning Nikos,

I'm pleased you continue to develop and improve X2. It's still the only program that gets started first on every Windows machine I use, every day! Only Excel comes in a close second. :D

Can you look at a change to the Mark/Sticky Selection function to make it more consistent with adding and removing groups of files using shift-click?

If Sticky is enabled, any item clicked or ctrl-clicked gets the mark status toggled.

HOWEVER, using shift-click, instead of toggling the files in the range between the last clicked file and the shift-clicked file, the range is marked and everything else is unmarked.

Ctrl-shift-click toggles the mark status, except, in the case of files already marked, all the files are unmarked except the endpoint file is left marked.

Many times these inconsistencies have caught me either by losing my selection after going through LARGE lists of files just because I forgot to add the ctrl-, or I have the endpoint file still marked when it was in the list I wanted to unmark.

I hope this isn't too confusing, but I believe it boils down to shift-click should toggle the marked state of the files within it's range and nothing else should be changed when Sticky mode is enabled.

--------------------------------------
PJ in FL
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

pj wrote: 2021 Jan 28, 14:55
I'm pleased you continue to develop and improve X2. It's still the only program that gets started first on every Windows machine I use, every day! Only Excel comes in a close second. :D
I smell a lot of spreadsheet-related feature requests here. :mrgreen:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote: 2021 Jan 28, 09:58
otlaolap wrote: 2021 Jan 18, 12:07 A command line option to specify the position of the X2 window (X, Y, W, H), for both normal and scrap-frame windows
you gave me a good idea here, save multiple xplorer2 windows as "workspaces". But this will come in v5.1 probably
And how will you select a different drive in any of those windows ?. :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

pj wrote: 2021 Jan 28, 14:55 shift-click should toggle the marked state of the files within it's range and nothing else should be changed when Sticky mode is enabled.
shift and sticky mode fall in the "undefined" behavior. Flipping the selection status as you say is a possibility but I'm not sure how easy it is to override deep listview control behaviors. I'll have a look
Manyx
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Manyx »

Wish 1:
When the background is a dark colour, the selected folder is not black, and the highlight color (for example when I drag a file to this folder) is a clear colour.

Wish 2:
In the tree, I click on the arrow, it expand the tree. If I click on the folder, it shows the files in the files panel.
My wish is to have a way to expand AND show the files, by clicking on the arrow or the folder, with CTRL or ALT etc.

Wish 3:
When a folder is highlighted in the tree, the file panel shows what is in the folder, and not the previous:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11886

Wish 4:
If I uncheck "natural number sort", I wish to have a correct sorting, not the buging sorting from MS explorer (Windows 10, XP was OK)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11877

Wish 5:
(for example, active is green and non active is white)
With the tree and only one panel: always have a white tree and a green panel, or a green tree and a white panel. Actualy, sometimes the 2 are green (I understand when there are 2 panels)

Thank you! :D
Last edited by Manyx on 2021 Mar 26, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

sadly you came late for this party (version), we've reached the final straight for v5 and no new features will be added now... but there's always hope for the future :)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Heh. Planning version 6 already?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

to be honest while working for v5 I got so many ideas that I have enough to keep me going till version 10 :)
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

nikos wrote: 2021 Feb 15, 20:35 to be honest while working for v5 I got so many ideas that I have enough to keep me going till version 10 :)
Now, THAT is a man at work!

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Or, at least, a man at TODO.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member