here's the big one!

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: here's the big one!

Post by nikos »

do you have "eat 1st click" option turned on?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

rail4you wrote: 2021 Feb 10, 12:18 When I change the focus to another column, I must press "enter" or "double click" to open a folder once ,the automatic open feature works.
I tracked the problem and fixed it, partially (not in the current beta .14). You see by design the "autopop" feature only works for the last 2 panes, if you click in anything further to the left, you must "confirm" your intention with double click, else you will lose all the folders to the right. This is the design
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I hope to be able to test this (or the newest version of it) over the weekend. Prepare for reports by the only human who likes the columns. :)
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

go for it :)
palota

Post by palota »

I can't backup or copy any files and photos from my phones. I can move the files, but cannot copy. It does not show any error message. It worked in previous xplorer2 version. I have Windows 7.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

are you using the beta version? which one? and can you explain exactly what is not working and how? Are you pressing F5 key?
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

re: backing up items from phone - I'm on Windows 10 x64, and I, just last night, made an entire backup of every available storage folder from my Pixel 4 XL to Windows using .15 ßeta with 0 issues. Only stating my experience, not saying the previous to previous poster is incorrect or anything like that.

palota

Post by palota »

I
nikos wrote: 2021 Feb 16, 10:57 are you using the beta version? which one? and can you explain exactly what is not working and how? Are you pressing F5 key?
I am using the beta version 4.5.0.15. The problem is only on Windows 7. There are no issues on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
If I copy files from PC to phone, it shows error "The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name."
If I copy files from phone to PC, there is no error, but files are not copied.
The problem is with F5 or Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V.
Drag and drop works.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it looks like win7 can only do one way FROM phones. The same happens for zipfolders, even for win10. I will disable the new copy mode for phones as targets for win7

ps Do you have another phone or tablet to test on win7? I want to see if the problem is general or just for one particular device? thanks
palota

Post by palota »

nikos wrote: 2021 Feb 17, 06:02 Do you have another phone or tablet to test on win7? I want to see if the problem is general or just for one particular device? thanks
The problem is general. I tested Sony Xperia (Android), Nokia 8110 4G (KaiOS) and Lumia 640 (Windows 10 Mobile).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:thumbup: