Resize menu bar?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

7leagues

Resize menu bar?

Post by 7leagues »

Just installed v4.2.0.1 and restored my previous settings however, I cannot read the menu bar clearly as it appears much smaller than it did in v2.5.0.4 (see screenshot). How do I resize it as I'm already using the largest skin available?

Screenshot: http://www.postquick.net/menu_bar.png

The menu bar being used does not resemble the SaboFX XL version I had previously so I attempted to restore it from my backup but it turned out to be even smaller, and yes, I did rename the standard version to x2skin_old.png.

The whole interface is wrong compared to v2.5.0.4 because even the text is too small and when using the preview pane to watch videos, the video size is ridiculously small, even after enlarging the preview column. Perhaps there's a way to configure Windows so that just X2 displays at say 150%?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resize menu bar?

Post by nikos »

to work with xplorer2 in high DPI please make sure you leave all the defaults on, don't do any compatibility tweaks on the shortcut icon that you use to start xplorer2 etc.

to get larger toolbar icons please see here: www.zabkat.com/blog/high-dpi-screen-toolbars.htm
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

Great, that has fixed it! :D
I made a suggestion here although I don't know whether it would be possible.

Curiosity gets the better of me though. Why is it I never had to do any of that with v2.5.0.4 which, other than adding SaboFX's XL toolbar skin, worked perfectly straight out of the box?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the old version didn't declare any DPI compatibility so you got the default fixes by windows
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

Sorry to bring this one up again but I just installed v5.0.0.1 and the toolbar is miniscule. I tried putting the Kunkel XL 48 version in the folder but that didn't change anything. The option to use small icons is checked and I can't uncheck it because it is greyed-out. I'm using a 4K screen.

What do I need to do please?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

see here for details: www.zabkat.com/blog/high-dpi-screen-toolbars.htm
make sure the large toolbar skin has the correct number of icons (must be for the current version) and it should be called x2skin_XL.png (rename it if necessary)
7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

7leagues

Post by 7leagues »

I fixed it. I renamed x2skin_48.png to x2skin_XL.png and the small icons option became available again. Turning that off made everything return to normal.

As always, thanks for your help Nikos. :)