Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 build 5301 released

Post by nikos »

happy new year with a new xplorer2 build fixing the things below:
(use HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES menu command)
* [P] custom xplorer² context submenu shows also when you right click "nowhere" (on a view pane's background). You may add in there menu commands that don't rely on items selected

* The new titlebar "drivebar" (drop-down menu really, see below) includes an item for THIS PC folder that lets you access other non-filesystem connected devices (phones etc)

* [P] A keyboard-only command (ID= 33542) switches the quickfilter box from filter to search mode (and vice-versa). Use CUSTOMIZE > KEYBOARD menu to assign a keyboard shortcut to it; for new installations it is <CTRL+ALT + W>. This way you can easily switch modes, both filter and search are useful.
There is another keyboard-only command that sets the focus to the quick filter box, ID number is 33250.

* TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu command starts the external settings editor in the correct layout, in case you are in a non-default layout (see WINDOW menu)

* [P] CLEAR button in all filter-type dialogs (e.g. FindFiles) sends the focus to NAMED field so you can start typing something immediately

* a few more multimonitor DPI corrections.

* editor² v2.99 darkens its main window whenever a dialog pops up to assist focusing. This is controlled by bShadeFocus registry switch
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xplorer2 build 5301 released

Post by nikos »

any comments (positive or negative) about the new editor2 (v2.99) window dimming when you open any dialog box?
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

It's O.K. but...
I don't use Editor 2 because I HATE Esc closing it!!!!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

where it is, it's very difficult to press ESC by accident!?
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

Nothing to do with pressing Esc by accident, to me Esc closes a dialogue box, not the program.
Call it force of habit - old habits die hard, and at nearly 80 it's a very, very old habit!!!!
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

Thank you , thank you, thank you, for:

* [P] custom xplorer² context submenu shows also when you right click "nowhere" (on a view pane's background). You may add in there menu commands that don't rely on items selected

I'm putting bookmarks in it and it makes navigation a lot easier when I'm moving around with the mouse. I have dim memories of possibly being the one who suggested it. I was amused when I saw it was a 01 update and I didn't expect much, but this made my day.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

sure it was your fault :)
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Can you please show me what this new context menu feature is? The following is what I get when I click on empty space, but I have been getting this for a long long while, so it is not new to me. What is the new context menu feature? (I think I bypassed all AutoHotkey operations in creating this example.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

probably you have disabled xplorer2 menu in context menus, that's why it won't show
use TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS to bring it back
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

nikos wrote: 2023 Jan 12, 15:52 probably you have disabled xplorer2 menu in context menus
Bingo. Thanks much.
N1ck1

Post by N1ck1 »

* [P] A keyboard-only command (ID= 33542) switches the quickfilter box from filter to search mode (and vice-versa).
Possible minor bug? If the quickfilter box happens to be set to "Select", that command (33542) doesn't/can't change the modes; You first must manually change off of "Select" for that command to be able to change the modes. Behavior still applied to build 5302 as well. Unless desired, would it be possible to have that command force change off of Select and to Filter as the first toggle if that mode happens to be set? TY
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

ok