xplorer2 v2.3 lite

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 v2.3 lite

Post by nikos »

good useful update getting most of the stuff that went into the professional version, including the quick select/filter box. And no more internet search toolbars and all that rubbish :)

Click here to download: www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm

for more information about the search box see here
jj2006

Re: xplorer2 v2.3 lite

Post by jj2006 »

Hi Nikos,

I am still sticking to a trusty 2xExplorer 1.4.1.12 version Z1 "Omega" - that must be 2002 or so... it's called laziness :P

And it misbehaves on Win7 - horribly slow, especially on network drives. So I investigated why bloody M$ Explorer could do the job faster, and it seems ntquerydirectoryfile, findfirstfileEX, FIND_FIRST_EX_LARGE_FETCH and FindExInfoBasic are the magic words.

The forum software has strange ideas about the language ordinary people are using:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: findfirstfileex
... therefore I ask you directly: What does xplorer2 use to speed up searches?

Cheers, jj
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

xplorer2 isn't that much different reading files, but many times a small detail here and there makes all the difference. After all these years isn't it time you helped yourself to the latest and greatest version?
jj2006

Post by jj2006 »

nikos wrote:After all these years isn't it time you helped yourself to the latest and greatest version?
Nice idea, Nikos. I was about to spend €29.82 when I saw a looong list of private info that Plimus wants to know. Do you have an account with an IBAN somewhere in the EU?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you don't want to part with your private details you can use PAYPAL, see this page
www.zabkat.com/dollarz.htm
jj2006

Post by jj2006 »

nikos wrote:if you don't want to part with your private details you can use PAYPAL, see this page
http://www.zabkat.com/dollarz.htm
No, I don't want to give my phone number etc to Plimus, and I also don't want to open a paypal account. An IBAN costs me 2 minutes of work for an online transfer...

Sorry for being so terribly old-fashioned. I like 2x - bad luck :(