Windows 8.1 & disappearing mapped drives

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rlwolfcastle

Windows 8.1 & disappearing mapped drives

Post by rlwolfcastle »

I recently upgraded to xplorer2 lite 2.4.0.1 on my Windows 8.1 PC from xplorer2 lite 2.3.0.1 and since the update I have not been able to see any mapped drives in the tree. Previously, the mapped drives would appear underneath "This PC" in the tree but now they do not. However, when I open "This PC" in explorer I can see the mapped drives but they appear under a different section from the local drives I have on the PC. The local drives appear under a section titled "Devices and drives" while the mapped drives appear under "Network locations."

The main problem with not easily seeing the mapped drives is that to access the shares now I need to go through "Network" in the tree and sometimes this can take a while to update.

Any advice on how to see these mapped drives again?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8.1 & disappearing mapped drives

Post by nikos »

are you running as administrator? try running normally
rlwolfcastle

Re: Windows 8.1 & disappearing mapped drives

Post by rlwolfcastle »

Hi Nikos, thank you for replying.

I had seen a previous discussion here about running xplorer2 as a user versus administrator so I tried both ways and neither option made a difference. However, when I later restarted my computer and changed the view and search options through explorer (View->options->Change folder and search options) so that "Show all folders" was checked in the Navigation pane options, the mapped drives reappeared.