ZipCentral - File compression utility.

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

ZipCentral is a 32-bit, robust and easy to use zip file manager with many features. Let's you create new, open existing, extract from and add to zip files. Supports creation of self-extracting archives, drag and drop, disk spanning, quick view, shell execution, long filenames, multiple compression levels, archive comments, context menu operations from Windows Explorer and more. User interface similar to other popular shareware archive managers. Let's you get to work in no time. Available in six languages.
Great program and it's free! Don't forget to rate it and you can comment below.

Get it here http://zipcentral.iscool.net/
Mim

Post by Mim »

I can't get to the page... it either tells me is doesn't exist or it comes up blank.... :(
Mim

Post by Mim »

ok... I finally got it... very cool program... looks like the end of trial winzip for me... :)
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

thanx Sal, really cool :cool:
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Hey Sal, Got ZipCentral, But when I download some Zip files I get an error message that say's WinZip self extractor header corrupt? I don't even have winzip?:confused:

(Edited by Luvzfufu at 8:38 am on Mar. 25, 2001)
Mim

Post by Mim »

Zip Central should have no problems opening files that were zipped in winzip... I would highly recommend you update your virus program and then run virus scan... The error you are having is related to a virus... but then it could just be a fluke... let me know what happens...
Mim

Post by Mim »

sorry... forgot to add this....

The symptoms of virus infection can vary. Sometimes, there is no visible symptom at all until the virus destroys enough data on your computer that the computer no longer functions properly. With self-extractors created using WinZip Self-Extractor, the "corrupt header" message occurs in many cases when these self-extractors are run on computers infected with CIH. (This may serve as a kind of "early warning" that your computer is infected. You should not, however, assume that the absence of such a message means that your computer is clean.)
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Quote: from Luvzfufu on 8:36 am on Mar. 25, 2001
Hey Sal, Got ZipCentral, But when I download some Zip files I get an error message that say's WinZip self extractor header corrupt? I don't even have winzip?
The error message would indicate that the file you downloaded is a self-extracting compressed file made with WinZip. Since it is a self-extracting file, the problem would not have anything to do with ZipCentral or any other unzipping program. Unzipping programs are not used to extract self-extracting files.

If you do not have a virus, it would appear that you downloaded a bad file. The file may have been corrupted while downloading. You can try downloading it again. However, that may not work since the error is, "WinZip self extractor header corrupt." It could have been incorrectly compressed when it was made with WinZip. Maybe you can download it from another location. You could also try contacting whoever made the file.
Luvzfufu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luvzfufu »

Thank you Sal, and Mim, I will do a virus scan, and let you know what happens, and I will also try finding out who made the file thank you both , I'll let you know how it is going :)

(Edited by Luvzfufu at 6:40 am on Mar. 26, 2001)