new app for nikos, he's very bored

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

new app for nikos, he's very bored

Post by dunno »

I'm amazed and dismayed at the lack of vision and innovation that is exhibited by designers of web site online verification, ESPECIALLY the banking system, It's astounding that we still use typed passwords to access a site, The banks ofcourse are so stuck in this paradigm that their response to password vulnerablitiy is to create another password field for the user, no kidding, I know have two user name fields and 3 passwords to fill in to access my bank account, what's next 6 fvcking passwords, words fail me here...

Nikos if you're looking for something to do why not create a app which fills in the password fields, or, authenticate the user via voice without password fields, surely speech recognition has matured sufficiently for online verification ?. If Siri can take orders why not a web sites authentication process.

Every device has a microphone as standard, even my toilet, surely we can move on now.....

Rant over.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new app for nikos, he's very bored

Post by nikos »

it gets even sillier, now each bank requires you to have a hardware gadget to provide separate validation, so if you have a few bank accounts you have to carry with you a small bag of trinkets to access the accounts :mad:
pj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: new app for nikos, he's very bored

Post by pj »

Must be an EU banking system thing, like the so-called "chip cards" that hold the transaction authentications because the European processors can't do real-time scoring for fraud prevention like the US processors do.

---------------------
PJ in (sunny, warm, perfect!) FL