xplorer² Professional v3.0 Export Settings File Problem

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Eagle4Z

xplorer² Professional v3.0 Export Settings File Problem

Post by Eagle4Z »

Over the last couple of months, I have had the need to replace my OS drive from a initial 256GB SSD, to a 500GB SSD and finally to the current 1TB SSD....

Since we went to v3.x, I have not been able to use my settings backup file to change the standard xplorer² installation settings to the settings that work for me.....

I used the export settings function to create the backup and when I used that reg file, by double clicking it, nothing changed in the new xplorer² installation....

Is there something that I've missed using the procedure above ?

I've tried to attach my last settings reg file and a Word file that shows the reg settings in that file, but this program will not allow me to do so........

Let me know, I would appreciate any help with this that you might be willing to share with me and it sure will save me allot of time.......

Cordially yours;

Eagle4Z
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: xplorer² Professional v3.0 Export Settings File Problem

Post by FrizzleFry »

one thing is to make sure that x2 is not running when you try to import the settings... do an Alt-X or File/Exit in x2 and check with Task Manager that x2 is not running...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xplorer² Professional v3.0 Export Settings File Problem

Post by nikos »

yes, when you use xplorer2 in explorer replacement mode it is running even when you think it's not. So first quit it with ALT_X then import settings