how to reset view each time new directory is visited

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

steve_h

how to reset view each time new directory is visited

Post by steve_h »

I am trying xplorer lite. So far I really like it. But there is one option I am not able to change and it is very annoying.
I'll try to explain it: When I visit new folder, the view go back to the last view I had when I was there.

What I want, is when I open new folder in xplorer, to always have the cursor at the top of the window. Not half way or any other location, depending on how it was last time.

I find myself always having to scroll back up in order to see the top of the listings.

Is there a way to make it forget my last view of the folder, and always have it be at the top of the listing? I spend hours looking at all the options and googling and not able to find such an option.

Version 3.0.0.4 [Ansi] LITE 5/4/2015 on windows 7, 64 bit.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to reset view each time new directory is visited

Post by nikos »

remembering the last item selected is a bonus for most users
sadly this behavior cannot be changed. To jump to the first item press HOME key
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: how to reset view each time new directory is visited

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:sadly this behavior cannot be changed.
Well, that's not entirely true. One workaround (which at least removes the auto-selection (but not the auto-focus) is to enable "Sticky Selection" <Alt+S> That, however introduces a whole other set of nonsensical behaviours which makes the trade-off rather painful unless you're used to it.

And there's nothing "sadly" about it - the dev simply doesn't want to change it, that's all, because most dev's haven't got a clue as to what is and is not to be considered a "bonus". It's the first thing they teach them when they show up at developer-school all fresh-faced and bushy-tailed: Thou shalt not become too ergonomically helpful in thy old age, else thy users may think thee a pushover. :twisted:

(One of these days I'll write one of those plugin-things to see if that can fix it, but that's just one more thing to add to the 2016 list...)