Network folder ping timeout

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

wardies

Network folder ping timeout

Post by wardies »

Hi, I like the idea of the new feature to ping the network folder. However, when I put my PC to sleep and come back from lunch to power up, xplorer2 shows several pop-ups ("Lost connection to network folder", or some such), one after the other which I press OK on.

I could tick the box that says "don't warn me again" but I do actually want to be warned when there is a genuine network issue.

Is there a way to recognise that after wake-up from sleep (or hibernate), there should be a grace time when pings are temporarily suspended whilst the network interface comes back up? I tried increasing the ping time to 20 seconds but that had no effect.

Alternatively, is there a way to say "Ok, and don't warn me again for all the other tabs I currently have open on network folders but start warning me thereafter"?!

Thanks as always for this indispensable software! :beer:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Network folder ping timeout

Post by nikos »

the only workaround is to disable pinging altogether, setting the ping timeout to 0
wardies

Post by wardies »

Thank you, Nikos. I've disabled it for now, per your suggestion.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I was thinking, as long as xplorer2 doesn't get the focus immediately after you wake up your PC, it shouldn't give you trouble with networks?
but if you switch to xplorer2 straight away then yes the problem is understandable