Color Tags will not 'stick'

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

BrianS

Color Tags will not 'stick'

Post by BrianS »

This is for color tags not color coding.

I mostly use Color Tag for folders and a few individual files - very handy to highlight types / groups of folders/files and then be able sort on Tags
However I am finding Color tags are reverting to a previous tag, or to no tag if that was the previous setting. I can't find any consistent pattern, i.e. some tags are retained, others just won't stick for very long :x
I re apply the correct color to folders, then a little while later nuts some are back to a previous setting.
It happens without a re-boot!

I tried saving settings while the tags were correct, didn't help. Re-boot same thing, didn't revert.

I am aware that tags are discarded if the Folder or file is moved, this is not the situation.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Color Tags will not 'stick'

Post by nikos »

tags are saved when xplorer2 exits. There could be a problem if you are running multiple xplorer2 processes at the same time (using /P command line switch) and you change colors from both windows.
The color database is in the file shell:appdata\zabkat\tagdb.bin
you can monitor its modification dates to see when things change
BrianS

Post by BrianS »

Thanks Nikos,

I will check it out
gunner65

Post by gunner65 »

Had the same problem and found the following: It depends on how you close xplorer². If you close it via File>Exit or <Alt-X> the tags will be saved. If you (like I normally do) just close the window they will not be saved.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

when you click [X] xplorer2 stays in the background, if then you shut down the PC, chances are that xplorer2 won't have time to save the tags (if they changed). The same can happen if you DON'T close xplorer2 window as you shut down.

So if you add color tags, better quit xplorer2 with ALT+X to make sure they are saved
I'll see how I can sort this problem out.,,
gunner65

Post by gunner65 »

I'm glad I could help a little. :beer:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:thumbup: