SysListView32 or ATL:BrowserListView

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

SysListView32 or ATL:BrowserListView

Post by otlaolap »

When I run X2 on my desktop, the main folder panes are shown with windows class ATL:BrowserListView. When I run it on my laptop, the panes are shown as SysListView32. The X2 folders on the two systems compare byte-for-byte identically and are Version 5.3.0.0. Both systems are Win 10 Pro, Version 22H2, build 19045.2364. At some time in the past I remember that the desktop changed from SysList32 to ATL:BrowserListView, but that was then. Any ideas why am I seeing different executions of the same program on the same operating system?

("Why does it matter?" I use AutoHotkley and sometimes have to identify what is active by looking at window classes.)
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: SysListView32 or ATL:BrowserListView

Post by otlaolap »

The answer may be tucked away in the change log for Version 3.3.0.0 (13 Sep 16): "On touch-enabled laptops and the like, scrolling works with the finger (aka Pan gesture). Caution: if you have any AHK scripts that rely on the window class name being ATL:BrowserListView AND you have a touch PC, you must revise your scripts. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it doesn't affect you :)". Drat. Any way to tell X2 to forget about the touch?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

none than I can see of... if you aren't using touch perhaps you can disable it altogether?
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

It's OK. Just a fifty to a hundred or so places I test for ATL:BrowserListView, and most of those can easily have an "or SysList32" added to the code. For the remaining cases, a simple function can return to me a character variable containing the class name used for panes by executing instance of X2, and that character variable can be used instead of the hard-coded ATL:BrowserListView. Problem solved more simply than I feared.

(The simple function searches the top-level X2 window's controls for a control with the window text set to "Left pane settings" and returns the class of that control.)

And happy holidays to you too.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:xmas: