declone 1.6 Mark on "Folder path"

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

k_h

declone 1.6 Mark on "Folder path"

Post by k_h »

I had difficulty with "Mark on property" / "Folder path": The Filter button matched nothing and the Mark button marked nothing.

After awhile I discovered that it works if I double all the backslashes in the path.

Instead of

Code: Select all

D:\kh\doc
it has to be written as

Code: Select all

D:\\kh\\doc
May I suggest,
  • It could be nicer if the pattern matching defaulted to glob style, with an option to choose regex matching.
  • For regex matching, the online doc should show an example that has a folder path with backslashes.
  • I wish the regex escaping rules and syntax could be fully documented.
  • When nothing is matched, maybe display a message with advice and a link to the doc?
(I see that the "?" at the top right of the "Filter by column data" dialog does summon a "?" cursor with which one can click in the right place causing the doc to open. A pleasant surprise, because Microsoft software has taught me that such "?" buttons seldom reward a click with relevant help.)

In the result list, it would be nice to have a right-click option to copy the folder name or full path to the clipboard. Maybe even open a "Filter by column" dialog with the properly escaped folder path filled in.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: declone 1.6 Mark on "Folder path"

Post by nikos »

you got bitten by the automatic wildcard/regexp detection there
you can turn off wildcards etc with registry tweaking, search the manual (F1) for binSearchFlags
the correct number to add is 0x2000 (hex), not 200 as it says in the manual (I'll fix the typo)

for regular expression help (not my strong point) see http://www.regexlab.com/en/deelx/

to copy path names, use ALT+C key as in xplorer2. This is mentioned in the manual (search for Keyboard shortcuts)
k_h

Post by k_h »

Thanks! Now that I know about the regular expressions, I'll keep them turned on.
It does seem like an advanced, maybe expert, feature though.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

good idea, I'll associate this behavior with expert mode only