Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 5.501 released

Post by nikos »

use HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES menu command
remember you don't need to uninstall the old version, just install the new on top!
[5.5.0.1] 24 Jan 24 ----------------

* when you browse a folder that gets removed (e.g. ejected disk) the pane switches to the desktop. To disable this behavior tick "Don't junk folder views..." advanced option (GAO2_NOUSBMONITOR)

* advanced settings editor has an option to hide the NATIVE preview tab, in its Quick Preview section

* some bugfixes
salad

Re: xplorer2 5.501 released

Post by salad »

I'm running Windows 10 (21H2). My default browser is Microsoft Edge. (Before that it was Firefox).

The upgraded help file sounded good so I installed this new version. Ran it and pressed f1.

To my surprise the help file opened in Internet Explorer (a browser I have never used) and then opened again in Edge. Not the Edge window which was already open but a new window. (Since I had never used Internet Explorer I also got some additional windows with messages from Microsoft. One inviting me to set Internet Explorer up, and a second inviting me to use Edge instead).

I took this as a useful reminder to delete Internet Explorer from my system and did so.

Opened xplorer2 again. Hit f1 - nothing. Tried again from File > Help and Support > Quickstart. Again nothing.

I imagine the logical next step is to try installing xplorer2 again. However the previous install shouldn't really have defaulted to the assumption that my default browser was Internet Explorer, which as I said, it never has been.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

use TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu and find (and tick) the option "use default browser for help"
salad

Post by salad »

Many thanks.