Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

How do I do...

Post by Gandolf »

Two things I can't seem to be able to:

Create a macro to open the User commands list. I don't want to execute a command, just show the list so I can select a command. I've used AHK to send the command {ALTDOWN}u{ALTUP}u and assigned it to F9, that works.

Assign an accelerator key (hot key) to a command, NOT a shortcut key. e.g. the user command Info [AHK] would be executed by pressing "I". &Info [AHK] underscores the "I", but pressing "I" does not execute the command as I would expect it to.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I do...

Post by nikos »

the first one is easy, use the macro recorder and open the menu you want, and when you see the organize dialog click on FINISH
for more information see here www.zabkat.com/x2h_7a.htm#mak_record

about the second one, if I understand it, it's not possible to automate this kind of thing inside a dialog
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote: 2024 Feb 26, 07:26 the first one is easy, use the macro recorder and open the menu you want, and when you see the organize dialog click on FINISH
for more information see here www.zabkat.com/x2h_7a.htm#mak_record
WRONG!!

F12 to start recording a macro.
Alt-U>U to get to the User commands list.
click on Finish to end macro record.

The macro is:
POP 0
FINDCLASS ATL:BrowserListView
SETFOCUS
SELECT 120
COMMAND 59395 # Refresh

When I debug it I get an error:

Macro stopped execution with error 2
Line: 4
Last argument: 120

and no menu is opened. Where has Refresh come from?? I haven't touched refresh.

nikos wrote: 2024 Feb 26, 07:26 about the second one, if I understand it, it's not possible to automate this kind of thing inside a dialog
I don't understand what you mean.
The User menu command is:
0 Info [AHK] and is executed with "0"
If I put an "&" before the "I" of Info it changes to:
0 Info [AHK]
indicating to me that the accelerator key is now "I", not "0". "I" doesn't work but "0" does, even though it's not underlined.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i didn't realize you wanted to open the menu, i though you wanted the list of the commands in the DIALOG (Alt+U, U, More)
they are functionally the same, and at any rate that's the only one available as a macro

adding & in a command name isn't going to work as you've discovered :)
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote: 2024 Feb 26, 08:30 i didn't realize you wanted to open the menu, i though you wanted the list of the commands in the DIALOG (Alt+U, U, More)
they are functionally the same, and at any rate that's the only one available as a macro

adding & in a command name isn't going to work as you've discovered :)
O.K. The macro is not a problem, AHK does the job I want perfectly.

The second then becomes a request (for V6??).

It makes more sense to me, and is easier to remember, if the accelerator key for a user command is the first (or one of) the letters of the name of the command. It's easier to remember "I" for the "Info [AHK]" command than to remember it is command "0". It might also not be command "0" if I decide to change the order of the user commands.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you know that you can assign direct shortcuts to particular user commands, right? so you execute directly without menus
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote: 2024 Feb 26, 09:01 you know that you can assign direct shortcuts to particular user commands, right? so you execute directly without menus
Yes, I know, but that is even more difficult to remember.

Ctrl+? for Info. Also, I can only assign numbers, not letters. If I could assign Ctrl+I for Info, then it would be a little better.