color filter button

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

color filter button

Post by Gandolf »

I don't want the color filter button on the toolbar. I don't seem to be able to find a setting to remove it. Does it always have to be there, wasting space!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: color filter button

Post by nikos »

Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

If I right click anywhere near the color filter button in the address bar, I don't get an option to customize it, and hence to remove the color filter.

If I right click on Mine (the toolbar I've created with the buttons I want) I can ADD the color filter button to Mine, but I don't want that.

If I could add the address bar and filter box to Mine, then that would work and I could remove the default address bar + filter + color filter. But There doesn't seem to be an option to add the address bar + filter to a toolbar.

What am I missing?? At 80+ perhaps I'm going senile!
otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by otlaolap »

Gandolf wrote: 2024 Mar 10, 09:44 What am I missing?? At 80+ perhaps I'm going senile!
At 80+ I have adopted the notion that every year brings a new level of wisdom. I am at Level 80 wisdom. Still doesn't help me either, though, with the "perhaps I'm going senile" part of the quote. And I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for the real question you asked.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

You can reduce or hide the whole quick filter box in the advanced settings editor but I do not see a way to hide/remove just the color filter button.

A request for v6 perhaps?
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

FrizzleFry wrote: 2024 Mar 10, 16:30 ... I do not see a way to hide/remove just the color filter button...
I'm glad I'm not going doolally!!

The response from Nikos made me wonder if I had missed something obvious.
FrizzleFry wrote: 2024 Mar 10, 16:30 ... A request for v6 perhaps?
Indeed, Nikos is working on a GUI facelift, so adding the ability to decide what buttons are displayed could be regarded as a facelift.

Like otlaolap, "older and wiser", as the saying goes. I think otlaolap and I share the same sense of humour and outlook on life.
One of my favourite quotes: "Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." (Tom Lehrer).
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

The original post does not make it clear that the color filter button you want to remove is in the quick filter box on the address bar so it seems Nikos assumed you wanted to remove it from one of the button toolbars.

I agree that button should be removable although I usually just hide and disable the whole quick filter box.
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

FrizzleFry wrote: 2024 Mar 11, 00:21 The original post does not make it clear that the color filter button you want to remove is in the quick filter box on the address bar so it seems Nikos assumed you wanted to remove it from one of the button toolbars...
True, but I hadn't realised that I could add that button to any toolbar.

Now I realise that, in the address bar, it's part of the filter box, I've done as you mentioned and reduced the filter box to zero, and got rid of the button that way.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes I didn't realize you wanted the filter color button gone.... anyway you got rid of it eventually :)
Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

nikos wrote: 2024 Mar 11, 06:09 .... anyway you got rid of it eventually :)
Yes, but not the way I would have thought of doing it. Without FrizzleFry's help I would never have thought of reducing the Filter box size to remove a button.