Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Robust delete settings not remembered

Post by appyface »

x2 Pro 5.5.0.1.

On Win11 Pro 23H2, robust delete settings are not being remembered. I untick "confirm read-only...", "confirm folder junctions", and "stop and report any errors". Then check "silent operation..." and "background operation" and then hit "delete" button. I am an administrator on this machine (but not running x2 in administrator mode). These settings are reverting.

On my Win7 systems, the settings are being remembered. Also an administrator of these machines and not running x2 in administrator mode.

So on Win11 I ensured I had only one instance of x2 open, made my settings changes, and closed x2. I also tried "save settings now" and even saving folder settings. No joy.

Sometimes the settings stick around during the current session but at some point they revert. I am not sure if that is tied to closing all x2 instances (I have /M /N and /P options on all my launchers) or if it is tied to reboots... it's tax season and I haven't had much time to look into this.

Is there something I'm overlooking, to get the settings to stay on Win11? I don't recall ever having this issue on Win7, just make settings the last thing I do before closing the only open instance and the settings were saved.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Robust delete settings not remembered

Post by nikos »

if you have multiple xplorer2 running with /P then they will be fighting one another saving their own settings when you shut down
better make sure you have only ONE xplorer2 running, make your changes there and quit it (ensuring save settings on exit is enabled)
appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by appyface »

Thanks. Yes I know I need to make my changes in the last open instance then quit. I have done that multiple times; not working.

ETA: This is happening only on my Win11 Pro 23H2 machine. All my others are Win7 and they remember the settings.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

is it only robust delete settings that aren't remembered?
appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by appyface »

Not sure. It's the only one I've paid attention to as it's been consistent. I will check some others and get back.
appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by appyface »

So far it seems to be only Robust Delete.