Can't open scrap container (xplorer2 0.0.0.59)?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Ander

Re: these arent flattering words

Post by Ander »

Requiem wrote:Whats worse for you is that crippling will send your donation page to obivion and in a couple years you'll probably realize that your most popular product is an outdated unsupported alpha debug build of x2.
Wow, really. A sad day.

Imagine you're swimming at the beach, and you start to drown. The lifeguard swims out to you with a life-preserver. Then, after greeting you, he starts swimming back to the shore---WITH the life-preserver.

"Hey!" you cry out, "aren't you going to save me?"

"Sorry," he replies. "That's optional." :cry:
Morning Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Morning Star »

I think you are missing the point here. In all societies, people have a right to be paid for the work they do. Life guards are paid by the society for their time spent in service to that society, and so should Nikos.

Why do you imagine that he should spend his time slaving away, and not be recompensed? If he chooses not to volunteer his time, who are you to complain?

Have you ever written software? Do you have even the faintest idea how much time and effort goes into making a worthwhile program? Or are you simply greedily whining that people should just give you whatever you want?

No matter your situation, you have no right to dictate whether Nikos should volunteer his time to your benefit. It is his decision, based on hundreds of factors that you will probably never know about, so if you don't like it, leave.
It is my job to comfort the disturbed,
and to disturb the comfortable.