Equal panes

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pzuiker

Equal panes

Post by pzuiker »

I am trying to learn how to adjust the panes to equal size. In 2xExploer the command was ctrl-e. That doesn't seem to work for xplorer2. Suggestions?

Thanks
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

not sure if there is a "make panes exactly equal" key combo like 2x.

But you should be able to use cursor to position(drag) the separator bars between panes to where you want them. will maintain the proportional spacing as you resize the overall window. :)
Starsurfer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starsurfer »

pzuiker wrote..
I am trying to learn how to adjust the panes to equal size.
its a toggle..
press ctrl+O & then ctrl+O again ....

Starsurfer
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Move your mouse over the dividing border between the panes. It will change to a double-arrow. Doubclick. The divider will move to the center of the available width.

But if you have activated folder tree and/or quickviewer, first of all you have to drag its divider to a desitred position: you cannot doubleclick on that divider, otherwise that divider will jump to the middle of the available width!
kevinli

keyboard shortcut

Post by kevinli »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is there a remote chance to bring back the old keyboard shortcut (CTRL-E) to equal the panes like the old 2x used to do?

I know you could mouse your mouse to the splitter bar and double-click it to achieve the same thing, but I found it quite a pain in the neck to move my hand away from the keyboard and look for the mouse and then locate the 1-2 pixels splitter bar :(

One may argue that you need to use the mouse to resize the panes in the first place...but personally I think hitting a keyboard shortcut to equalize the panes still could improve efficiency a whole lot.

Please give it a consideration and thanks for the great product Nikos.
Last edited by kevinli on 2004 Jun 17, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I'm curious about how, if you started with equal panes, they got to be unequal, if not by mouse click-n-drag :?
& the correllary philosophical question is ... "If that wasn't a pain in the neck, why should a d-click on splitter be such?"

... But I suppose you already answered: "habit" :D

... I'm not trying to put the suggestion down ... just making an observation. ;) ... & I recognize that often "habit" implies an innate useability, which is mostly desireable.

btw, nikos, I checked through all the 'used' Ctrl+key combo's & it looks like ctrl+E is currently unassigned.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i find this amazing! i thought all keys were used up already
ok then, i'll assign ctrl+E to equal size panes, but no menu command since View is already chock-a-block
kevinli

Post by kevinli »

OMG!! Thanks!!!! *bow*

$25 extremely well spent!!!!!! :D
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

And in case you haven't noticed, kevinli, nikos has slipped your Ctrl+E functionality request into the newly released version this week [1.0.0.1] {both for Pro & Lite editions}
Even tho' there is no mention of it in the docs (yet) ;)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it is mentioned in tip #75!
kevinli

Post by kevinli »

Indeed that was the very first thing I noticed, thanks again for putting this in and the great support.