Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

We aim to please :D
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
dft1

Ctrl-I versus Root/Current

Post by dft1 »

I must be one of the few people who used the root/current function in 2x (see http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?p=8993). Ctrl-I is great if you want the other pane to open in the same directory as the current pane. But if you are switching between 3 or more drives, it is cool that 2x automatically displays the last folder you viewed on that drive when you switch drives using Ctrl-Shift-X or using the drive bar.

In x2, its a more keystrokes to get the same effect: Alt-Tab, x:, enter.

I hope Nikos will add the root/current switch into X2 someday. :wink:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

changing old habits is hard but sometimes makes sense!
for example with x2 you can have all active folders open (in multiple cloned windows) rather than switching back and forth using just 2 panes
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ctrl-I versus Root/Current

Post by JRz »

dft1 wrote:[...] But if you are switching between 3 or more drives, it is cool that 2x automatically displays the last folder you viewed on that drive when you switch drives using Ctrl-Shift-X or using the drive bar.
[...]
You can achieve the same effect by using the history lists for either pane. Just right click on the title bar of the pane and you can quickly go to the last 10 folders you have visited in that pane. You don't even have to release the mouse button until you select the right folder to go to (minimizes mouse activity) 8)

You can also use the keyboard to get to this list: Alt+F2 shows the list and you can use the arrows to get to the item you want. Enter finishes the job. Context menu can pop up at an awkward place though, because it sticks to the mouse pointer. I admit, this is more of a hassle using the keyboard, but powerful all the same.
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn: