New website

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Jaykul

New website

Post by Jaykul »

Can I make a couple of edits to your english without offending? :D
* I've tried to only edit actual English grammar problems, although a couple of times I itched to rewrite a whole sentence (Mr. Finder sounds like an alternative to that annoying windows XP puppy or something) ...
* I also corrected one distinctly British spelling choice to correspond with the other distinctly American choices, for the sake of cohesiveness :wink:

Come this way for trouble-free file management!

Introducing xplorer²

All the shell goodies from windows explorer — with none of the hassle! Plus all the features you would expect from a powerful dual-pane file manager, including Mr. Finder, a find files module that you have to see to believe!

xplorer² is a file and information manager that adheres to the philosophy of "efficiency through simplicity". Without reinventing the wheel, it utilizes the best features of Windows' shell architecture and is thus a small, resource efficient and instantly familiar package to work with. But look a little closer and you'll realize that there is a whole new world under the surface that offers power, precision and eventually infinitely increased everyday productivity.
--
::Jaykul
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i can't say that i like "mr finder" myself but i wanted to give a user-friendly buzz without getting too technical. Ideas welcome!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I had the same initial reaction as Jaykul to "Mr. Finder"
It sounds too patronizing & has implications of m$'s bad job of guessing user preferences, while maintaining a superior-sounding attitude of
"THIS is the way everbody should be doing things ... " :yuck:

But, as it's the function that counts, not what you call it, I have said nil ('til now). ;)
Jaykul

My Suggestion

Post by Jaykul »

my suggestion wrote:Welcome to the home of powered up file management!

Introducing xplorer²

You can have all the goodies from Windows' Explorer — with none of the hassles, and we'll add on all the features you would expect from a powerful dual-pane file manager, plus a "file finder" search module that you have to see to believe!

xplorer² is a file manager that adheres to the philosophy of "efficiency through simplicity". Without reinventing the wheel, it utilizes the best features of Windows' shell architecture and delivers a small, resource efficient package that is instantly familiar and comfortable to work with. But dig a little deeper and you will find a whole new world of powerful tools under the surface which offers a precision and flexibility that will exponentially increase your everyday productivity.
I'll stop short of rewriting the whole site, but you gotta like how I got two plays on the x^2 name in there :wink:
--
::Jaykul
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what if i say "now with added jim-will-find-it technology" instead of mr finder? (getting lamer :))

ok, i merged your propositions with mine while trying to shed my overly scientific background, and here's what i came up with

www.netez.com/xplorer2