Viewing of Autodesk Inventor files

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

NOOL

Viewing of Autodesk Inventor files

Post by NOOL »

Hi im currently testing the x2 and it always crash when I'm trying to view a Inventor .ipt or .iam file. This worked briliantly in 2xExplorer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what do you mean by "view"? Previewer or launching?
NOOL

Preview

Post by NOOL »

Sorry,
yes I meant in the preview.

When viewing file as thumbnalils in the file lists it looks ok.
But when I activate the Preview = quick viewer = ctrl+Q Xplorer2 crachs.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i would have expected it the other way round!

assuming that the previewer works in files other than these autocad documents (e.g can you see gifs without crashing?) please try the following:

you'll see in registry.txt there's this variable called bSantasLittleHelper. Quit x2 and use regedit to make it 0. Then try again. Are the crashes still there?
NOOL

Post by NOOL »

No, the change in the registry did not help.

I can preview gif, jpg, dwg, txt no problems.

this is the error log message that Dr watson saves:

' Crash Information
' STACK_OVERFLOW
'
' Last command completed
' Last request completed
' Call Stack: Address = 9 ThView.Dll 0x00003837 xplorer2.exe 0x00017F30 xplorer2.exe 0x000405FC xplorer2.exe 0x00029E69 xplorer2.exe 0x0003489C USER32.DLL 0x00001EF0 USER32.DLL 0x0000204C USER32.DLL 0x00005F69 xplorer2.exe 0x000262E6
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

first of all editing the registry can be a little tricky
to be 100% certain that you turned the threading off properly please check the following:

whenever you are in thumbnail view mode, does it seem to be hung/busy till all the images are displayed? If yes then you have turned off the threads properly. If you can still work while x2 is creating the thumbnails then you didn't! Please make sure you quit x2 before making any changes to its registry key

now if you did everything properly and indeed threads have nothing to do with this crash i'd appreciate if you sent me an email with the detailed dr watson log. Or you can send me an email and i'll send you a special debug version that will tell us more about this problem

please include info about your windows and x2 version
thanks!