CR browse PDA files?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

bobfrank

CR browse PDA files?

Post by bobfrank »

I'm now a happy Pro Owner. So here's my first change request. I don't know if you have considered adding in PDA connectivity? I have a PocketPC (a Dell Axim) and I use it to move files about between home and work machines. It has an SD card and I use that. I can browse the card by going through the Activesync Explorer program and I can see the PDA in the x2 window. It is shown like in MS Explorer as "Mobile Device". I cant "enter" it though. Is it possible for x2 to browse within the PDA when it is docked to my computer? When I try I get some very nice numbers in the title bar but no files
::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{49BF5420-FA7F-11CF-8011-00A0C90A8F78}
These look like UIDs to me but who knows...

thanks
BF
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the answer to this is "perhaps" but it'll have to be at the next major upgrade. These extensions are designed to be used only with explorer (see FAQ E1) and although i have some ideas i'm not 100% certain that they can be integrated -- and for sure it's going to be a lot of work

i'm sorry that your first experience with "customer support" was like this but perhaps next time you can request something simpler? :)
bobfrank

Post by bobfrank »

Nikos the customer support is great. If you hadn't made such a comprehensive tool I would ask for simpler functions - there's only these complex things missing.

I'd be happy to beta test if you ever got round to trying to implement this.

BF