Newbie questions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rino

Newbie questions

Post by rino »

Hi, I'm currently evaluating the professional edition - I have a few questions:
1) I remember from 2xexpl the possibility to set equal size of the two panes (ctrl E, right?) - I cannot find this feature in the new version

2) I also remember the possibility to have drive buttons on the toolbar - Again, I cannot find the feature

3) I'm not really expert in managing DOS, Commands and the like. I would like, though, have different layouts, but I still can't have them to work. For example, I need a configuration where the left panel points to c:\files\originals and the right panel to e:\files\edited. In another configuration I would like: c:\files\downloaded and e:\files\saved. What is the best procedure so that I can open my configurations?

Thanx in advance for your support and apologies if I didn't catch the procedure in your help file
Rino
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

1. instead of ctrl+E just double-click on the splitter divider
this works better in x2 since it maintains the proportionality of each pane as you resize the window

2. for size limitations there are no individual drive buttons but only a drop-down list activated with alt+F1. If you really wanted drive buttons you could setup bookmarks for c: d: etc and place them on a toolbar (see Bookmarks | Organize)

3. starting paths are not really related to saved layouts. The easiest solution would be to have a number of shortcuts to x2 on your desktop each with different command line arguments (you can set those through the shortcut's properties

e.g. one could be
"c:\path\x2.exe" folder1 folder2
and another
"c:\path\x2.exe" folder3 folder4

then you click on the one you want
or you could set bookmarks to all your favorite folders and visit them rapidly from a single window (just one keystroke required if you assign keyboard shortcuts with Organize menu)
rino

Post by rino »

Thanx a lot for your prompt reply.

Although I've been using the old expl2 for a while, this new one is really ... new and much more powerful.

What do you exactly mean for "layout"? could you give an example? (English is not my mother tongue, so maybe I don't catch the precise meaning)
Rino
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

layout is that arrangement you can save from Window menu
it covers how many panels you have, whether the tree is visible, how many toolbars and their positions etc