Editor² v2.6.0.4 Unicode?

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Editor² v2.6.0.4 Unicode?

Post by ckit »

Will Editor² v2.6.0.4 Unicode be available as a serperate download and is it still freeware? Also there are no links to "any" Editor² version at the new address, why is that?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

too much bandwidth!
ed2 is still free, it is also included in the "lite" package
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

nikos wrote:too much bandwidth!
ed2 is still free, it is also included in the "lite" package
Hahahaha, you're fast I'll give you that. Now seriously I'm after the Unicode version not the ANSI version. I'm guessing you'll only make it available to xplorer2 Pro users cause xplorer2 pro is also Unicode, am I right? If so, I'll keep my Editor2 v2.5.0.5 Unicode and delete v2.6.0.4 ANSI asap.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can get the unicode ed2 out of the pro package and use it separately! While you are at it you may want to checkout the pro package as a whole and see what you'll be missing ;)
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

nikos wrote:you can get the unicode ed2 out of the pro package and use it separately! While you are at it you may want to checkout the pro package as a whole and see what you'll be missing ;)
I'm a professional freeware user. I've only ever paid for Getright and Winrar and I heavily use of those. I've used 2xExplorer since 2001-2004 but I only use simple features. So in the end all I'm really missing is "unicode" support.

Anyone want to email me the new Editor2 Unicode - ckit@softhome.net
I may even post it on my site :)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

No need for behind-the-back emails.
Just use the ed2 files after downloading & extracting the Pro package contents.
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

fgagnon wrote:No need for behind-the-back emails.
Just use the ed2 files after downloading & extracting the Pro package contents.
Alright fine, I'll install xplorer2 pro and rape it of Editor2 Unicode for now. I am not happy with this situation and I suspect other 2xExplorer/Editor2 users will file compliants as well.

Uninstalling "xplorer2 pro" removes "xplorer2 lite" quick launch shortcut! Enough said for now.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I don't understand the attitude(s) of freeware "professional"s

As you claim to be one, can you please explain why they claim to be offended when something is not available for free?
... and many will rudely bad-mouth a perfectly good product when the author seeks to start charging for his work.

You, ckit, even claim disappointment in this case when when nikos (& I) explained courteously how to get the latest freeware version of ed2 :!:
And describe the process of using the freely-offered app separately as "rape".
I may be wrong, but the way you present yourself sounds as if you revel in getting something for free -- and would gladly steal property if you can get away with it.

Can you elaborate? ... because I just don't get it :shrug:
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Even Nikos said to take Ed2 out of the Pro package
nikos wrote:you can get the unicode ed2 out of the pro package and use it separately!
Vas
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

anyday now i expect a summons to in appear the High Court of Freeware and answer to charges of High Treason :D

in the meantime i received a (real) summons for falling short of my council tax payments (of all accusations, this one false too). It's one of these days today...
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

Look I'm sorry if I've been hard on you, Nikos. Back in 2001-2002 I put all my hopes and dreams into 2xExplorer (being an Ex-Xtree Gold user) and now it feels like everything is slipping away with xplorer2 pro. Yes, I am use to having most of my software for free (true freeware of course)

I simply don't know how to feel about xplorer or it's lite variant :?