Xplorer2 failed to save window position

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

johnsonlam

Xplorer2 failed to save window position

Post by johnsonlam »

I've tried to trigger "save program state when exit" setting but the window still fail to appear in the same position, is it a bug?
Hong Kong S.A.R. - International Joke Center
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

see the previous post, there are a few possibilities including hung x2 processes running in the background without windows
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Xplorer2 failed to save window position

Post by JRz »

johnsonlam wrote:I've tried to trigger "save program state when exit" setting but the window still fail to appear in the same position, is it a bug?
I the window which is all over the place except the right place, is 'Save program state on exit' enabled?? If not, you probably didn't close all instances.
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
johnsonlam

Post by johnsonlam »

nikos wrote:see the previous post, there are a few possibilities including hung x2 processes running in the background without windows
I've checked Task Manager for several times but X2 just quit gracefully.

All settings remembered except window position. This happen to 2 of my PC.
johnsonlam

Re: Xplorer2 failed to save window position

Post by johnsonlam »

I the window which is all over the place except the right place, is 'Save program state on exit' enabled?? If not, you probably didn't close all instances.
Nope.
All X2 closed.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so what exactly isn't maintained? minimized/maximized? size? location?
johnsonlam

Post by johnsonlam »

nikos wrote:so what exactly isn't maintained? minimized/maximized? size? location?
Everything remembered except two:

1) The windows position on the screen. It seems the "windows position" not saved when exiting the program, it default to the top left corner (default?) every restart. At first I think maybe my favor position was outside the border of the screen, but whatever I put it to, it return to default position

2) My favorite column width always got changed ... is the "save folder setting" only valid of the current folder or it apply to all folder?

X2 works great except these small glitches.

* Sorry, one more question ... 2X have the "drive free space" on the status bar, can X2 have this option also?

Thanks Niko.

Rgds,
Johnson.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

1. have you tried Actions|Save settings now and then quit and restart when you have the window where you want it? Maybe that helps.

2. Actions|Folder settings|Save only works for current folder (it is to make exceptions for specific folders mainly). Set your preferences in folders on both panes and then simply quit (or use the menu item mentioned above: Actions|Save settings now). Settings should be saved then and be restored upon restart.

If saving general folder settings doesn't work in your case when simply quitting (so without explicitly saving the settings), you should check the option Tools|Options...|General.Save program state on exit again. It probably isn't turned on then after all :)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
johnsonlam

Post by johnsonlam »

JRz wrote:1. have you tried Actions|Save settings now and then quit and restart when you have the window where you want it? Maybe that helps.

2. Actions|Folder settings|Save only works for current folder (it is to make exceptions for specific folders mainly). Set your preferences in folders on both panes and then simply quit (or use the menu item mentioned above: Actions|Save settings now). Settings should be saved then and be restored upon restart.

If saving general folder settings doesn't work in your case when simply quitting (so without explicitly saving the settings), you should check the option Tools|Options...|General.Save program state on exit again. It probably isn't turned on then after all :)
Talk about 1.0.0.0 [UNICODE]:

1. Already tried, can't help

2. The columns layout saved correctly, but windows position still fail.

3. I tried untick the "Save program state on exit" -> quit -> restart -> tick -> quit -> restart .... but still fail

Good news is 1.0.0.1 seems fixed all my old problems (but got a new one, see my new post).

Thanks JRz and Niko for advise.