Problem with Actions > Folder settings > Save

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

oops, we came full circle now, that was the topic of my first reply to this topic!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

you missed Brad's simultaneous postof his 2c. ;)
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

"desktop.ini" files

Post by Robert2 »

JRz wrote:To add to the mayhem: When you clear previously saved settings for a folder, desktop.ini doesn't get removed!! Just the settings from are annulled, but the file itself remains (until you manually delete it of course :) )

Windows uses desktop.ini files also to store customized settings per folder (not only root folders Robert2 !!)
Greetings--
Oops! Sorry, I was under the delusion that they were removed when the folder settings were cleared. You are right, they are not. I stand corrected. The funny thing about these files is that you cannot readily remove their HS attributes but they can be deleted like any ordinary file!
I was also wrong about the Windows own "desktop.ini" files. Again I stand corrected. This is probably due to the fact that I hardly ever use the Windows Explorer. I use xplorer² :D
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

So, Robert2, would you agree that this is really a larger issue re HS files in genereal and any 'resolution' s/b more properly addressed in your archiving apps, where you see the impact :?:

(& winzip has a setting to alleviate "problem" for its content, as JRz pointed out & you acknowledged) ;)