FUNCTION

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

glurk

FUNCTION

Post by glurk »

there is an icon on the tool bar [flatten] when i click on it i get the scrap container 1 window....is this correct? i thought it collapses the tree

also...... when i click the dos command a dos window does not open

thsnks for any help

glurk
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the flatten button corresponds to File | Browse flat
it recursively adds folders+subfolders in a scrap container
please have a look at the quickstart guide or the full manual for more info

if you need an old-style dos console, please deactivate the "modern" console from Tools | Options | General
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

glurk,
when you click the DOS command menu item (or hit F10), the focus jumps to the addressbar, which is primed with "$ " awaiting the entry of your DOS command.
... when you type in & [Enter] a DOS command, a DOS console will then open, either in classic or modern style, as nikos explained above

re: the scrap container window - there is no treepane associated with scrap windows. It makes no sense because they (generally) contain items from various paths. The illustration in the Startup guide shows a preview pane on the left, displaying the highlited item in the right pane.

Hope this helps ...

PS, (as nikos advised) please read the docs thoroughly. While the "Startup Guide" touches on everything, it does so in somewhat condensed fashion. You may profit greatly by downloading the full manual, and copying the unzipped contents into your xplorer2 "install folder" where it will be easily accessible. (requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF-aware app to view)