Feature Suggestion: Direct Filters

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Feature Suggestion: Direct Filters

Post by longfellow »

In addition to the Direct Copy & Move commands, would it be possible to have a Direct Select Filter command? Just as Direct Copy (Ctrl+F5) copies a file directly, bypassing the Copy dialog, the Direct Select Filter would apply the extension of the currently selected file as a filter directly, bypassing the Select Filter dialog.

For instance: if 'foo.bar' is the currently selected file, then applying the filter would select all '.bar' files (no Select Filter dialog). If more than one file was selected, then multiple extensions would be used (eg., if 'foo.bar' and 'foo.txt' were selected, then the filter '*.bar, *.txt' would be applied).

Suggested keys: Ctrl + Gray+

Perhaps this could also be used with Visual Filters? (The extension/s of the currently selected file/s would be directly applied as the visual filter).

Suggested keys: Alt + Ctrl + H

This could be very handy for quick'n'dirty selection on-the-fly!

(BTW, lots of great suggestions for filters in recent threads. I'm intrigued by the idea of a different background color for a pane with an active filter; the idea of a global filter (apply filter to both panes) is a must-have!)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

2x had this command to select on the current extension but in 4 years i believe i never used it once!

the forthcoming 1002 will have the "mirror filter" feature and also hyperfilter-based visual filtering