Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Editor2 issue

Post by Brig »

Howdy:

I've set up xplorer2 to open the selected file in editor2 using the hotkey alt-2; the command is

> C:\Program Files\xplorer²\editor2_UC.exe $S

It works just fine. However, if I execute it a second time, while the first instance of editor2 is still open, it fails and produces an error message saying that it can't find the file. Oddly, the message reveals that explorer2 is looking for the file in the wrong folder--it always looks in my downloads folder for the file, regardless of what folder it's really in (and was selected from).

Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone duplicate it?

Many thanks,
Brig
pmike

Re: Editor2 issue

Post by pmike »

Brig wrote:I've set up xplorer2 to open the selected file in editor2 using the hotkey alt-2;
Just curious...have you tried F3/F4? These are the standard hotkeys for launching editor2 in view/edit mode from x2.
Brig wrote:However, if I execute it a second time, while the first instance of editor2 is still open, it fails and produces an error message saying that it can't find the file. Oddly, the message reveals that explorer2 is looking for the file in the wrong folder
Yes, I can duplicate this, although the particular folder my x2 always searches is some subdirectory of my projects folder (I have no idea why this is) :shrug:

Regardless, using the standard F3/F4 keys behaves as expected in all situations.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

where i am now i don't have x2 to test :o but you'd get better chances of success if you enclosed both the program name and the argument in quotes like
"c:\...editor" /E "$F"

btw notice i'm using $F instead of $S; you don't want all the selected files opened!

and as pmike said there are already plenty of shortcuts for the editor!
Brig
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Brig »

Funny, I forgot about F4. At any rate, I'm already comfortable with my current scheme, and Nikos's correction to my alt-2 command solved the problem.

Thanks fellas.